Every life is a tapestry. Every individual is a unique combination of experiences, beliefs, preferences, routines and rhythms of daily life woven together to create a one-of-a-kind life. At Lutheran Life Communities, we understand that living with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of age-related cognitive impairment changes many things; but it doesn’t change the value of every individual.
MyTapestry has been designed to take advantage of the latest discoveries about how to help people with various forms of memory loss thrive and feel secure in their environment. This begins with discovery. Dedicated, trained professionals take the time to learn about each individual resident by talking with family members to gain an understanding of his or her unique history, preferences and rhythms of daily life. This knowledge enables the MyTapestry team to meet each resident where they are, creating a customized daily routine and a living environment that supports his or her highest level of independence.
Features of the MyTapestry program include:
- A home-like environment.
- Specialized cognitive assessment.
- Highly trained, dedicated staff.
- Custom-tailored programming and activities.
- Family communication and support.
- Non-invasive monitoring systems.
- Innovative technology to enhance cognitive function.
MyTapestry is offered at all Lutheran Life communities:
- The Arlington of Naples (Naples, Florida; Opening Fall of 2015)
- Luther Oaks (Bloomington, Illinois)
- Lutheran Home (Arlington Heights, Illinois)
- Pleasant View (Ottawa, Illinois)
- St. Pauls House (Chicago, Illinois)
- Wittenberg Village (Crown Point, Indiana)